We are all familiar with the saying, “A picture is worth a thousand words”. It has been proven scientifically that visual content has a greater impact on its audience than written. Although the text has its own significance in terms of conveying information, images give an emotional effect. And, emotions draw a consumer to a brand.
Today’s consumer will prefer to gather information about a product or a site through an image rather than reading a lengthy content. Therefore, it is essential to design a content with images and audio and video media in order to attract the attention of its readers.
These are times where digital marketing techniques have gained a lot of importance. One of the major components of digital marketing is content. Content is considered the ‘King’. Digital marketers are creating blogs, blog posts, etc. for promoting their business. Embedding visual content in the written content makes it stand out.
Images play an important role in the design of an E-commerce website also. This is because online shoppers are enticed by the pictures of the product rather than description.
Now comes the question how and where to find images relevant to the content?
Images can be accessed on the web or Google images, etc. But, these images are usually owned by individuals or agencies. Therefore, their usage can be a legal issue.
Nowadays, there are stock image sites which have a collection of a wide variety of images that can be used.
There are two options available for using stock images:
1. Some websites offer images that can be used legally free of charge. The drawbacks of using these images:
- The number of images is limited.
- Images are not of very high quality.
- These images are common. They are used by most bloggers, designers, etc.
2. There are websites where a monthly subscription can be purchased and their images used on a regular basis. The benefit of these sites is that the user can upload unique pictures in his content/ website. However, the drawback is that the user needs to pay for the images.
It is up to the user to decide which website to use, based on the aspects that are significant to him. The user should select images that are relevant to the content.
We can see the significance of images in modern-day marketing. Great images help in creating a bond between a brand and the consumer. So, it is vital to select high-quality images relevant to the site/ content to enhance its influence.