Scrapbooking has never been as easy as it is now!
Creating scrapbook pages is one of America’s favorite hobbies. What’s not to love about documenting the lives of the ones we love and capturing their very special memories? Even those who are not scrapbookers themselves love to look at finished scrapbooks – oohing and awing over the photo’s, cute embellishments and the neat papers used to create these one of a kind keepsakes.
And now there’s a new way to scrapbook that arrived on the scene a few years ago and it’s really taking off! Digital scrapbooking, or as it’s sometimes called… computer scrapbooking, is catching on fast. And traditional paper scrappers as well as those who have never scrapbooked before are loving it.
It still incorporates all the favorites of scrapbooking while eliminating a lot of the not so favorite aspects of the craft. When you use your computer to create your scrapbook pages, you no longer have all of the mess and clutter that traditionally was a part of scrapbooking with paper.
Here’s just a few of the benefits of computer scrapbooking that I could think of:
- No more tiny pieces of paper lying around, getting stuck in all the nooks and crannies of your scrapping area.
- Glue getting stuck everywhere – a thing of the past.
- Having stacks of scrapbook paper, embellishments and tools lying around – nope.
- Your scrapping area is now anywhere your computer can go.
- You can move your photo’s and page elements all over the place without ever having to start over.
- When your done scrapbooking for the day, you don’t have to put everything back; only to have to drag it all out again the next time you decide to scrapbook.
- You can shop for new digital scrapbooking supplies in your jammies, online; anytime of the day.
- You can share your beautiful scrapbook layouts with Grandma, Mom and your best friend with the click of your mouse.
- You can even have your finished page layouts printed into a hardcover coffee table book if you want.
- Digital scrapbooking supplies are so much more affordable and you can use them over and over.
I’m sure you’re getting the idea by now. Another really nice benefit is being able to take your digital photo’s right off your digital camera and into your scrapbook pages. No fuss, no printing first. You can resize your photos to fit your scrapbook pages right inside your scrapbooking software.
And speaking of your digital pictures; imagine being able to erase that big pimple off your teenagers face or magically losing a few pounds by using your image editing software. Priceless!
And if you’re the kind of person that doesn’t consider yourself very creative, there’s even help for you! Pre-made digital scrapbooking layouts can be found online. All you need to do is add your photos and a little personalized journaling if you want, and it’s done. Your family and friends will think that you are a scrapbooking genius.
If you can’t bear letting go of all your paper scrapbooking supplies, there is good news. Many people are combining both paper and digital scrapbooking to create one of a kind layouts. The term for this is hybrid scrapbooking.
So what are you waiting for? Go get started! Digital scrapbooking is so much fun. Just be careful, because this is one hobby that can become quite addicting very fast!